Saturday, March 31, 2018

Bell's Oberon Ale

This is a 5.8% ABV spring seasonal American wheat ale from Bell's Brewery in Comstock, Michigan. I have had this a number of times, and it was one of those beers that had me really surprised to see I did not have a review posted of it. I guess I have mostly had it at restaurants or bars.


The beer pours a hazy orange-golden, light amber in color. There is a tall, thick head of white to off-white foam. The aroma is grain and fruit, flowers and honey, toasted wheat. The taste follows the aromas, a good mix of grain/malt and mild fruit flavors. There is some sweetness and a bit of fruity tartness as well. Some yeast fruit and spice esters mix in. There is a light floral bitterness on the finish. There is sweet, but the finish is mostly dry. The beer drinks smooth, with a soft, yet moderately intense carbonation.


No comments:

Post a Comment