Sunday, May 4, 2014

Burning Brothers Pyro

This is a 4.6% ABV American Pale Ale from Burning Brothers Brewing of St. Paul, Minnesota. Their beers are gluten free. Like regular beers, this has yeast, hops and water, but in place of barley or wheat they use sorghum, and also add candi sugar. 

The beer pours a dark golden in color, clear. There is a tall, foaming, fizzy head of white foam that dissipates fairly quickly. The aroma is semi-sweet, fruity, tangy, with a note I can’t place, a bit like citrus fruit so ripe it is turning bad. The taste follows the aromas, there is fairly strong candi sugar, it makes my teeth ache, and a citrus and orange peel tang. The beer is massively carbonated. A very strong bitterness builds on the finish as the beer progresses. I have found very few gluten free beers that are any good to my taste. I have not found another one here.


No comments:

Post a Comment