Sunday, November 17, 2013

Boulevard Reboot White IPA

This is a 7.4% ABV White India Pale Ale brewed with spices from the Boulevard Brewing Company of Kansas City, Missouri. This is a tweaked re-release of the 2011 Collaboration Series No. 2 White IPA that was made with Deschutes. 

The beer pours honey golden and orange. There is a tall, pillowy head of white foam. The aroma is spicy, coriander, cloves, and the bottle said sage, I didn’t believe the bottle, but my nose now believes, there it is, sage. There are also floral notes. The taste is the spices in the aroma to an exponential degree, with a face puckering bitterness on the finish. It is finely and intensely carbonated, not sure if this is bottle-conditioned, but it drinks like it either way. Oh my god this is one bold beer. I wish I had a pile of fire roasted meats to pair it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment