Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Brewer's Barrel

As much as I enjoy beer, I have not yet caught the homebrewing bug.  I barely have enough time to try the beers I would like, much less brew my own.  But I saw a press release that I thought was intriguing. If you are a home brewer, check this out and comment on your thoughts.  As an incentive to have people visit the site, you can register to win a vintage bottle of Three Floyd's Dark Lord.  If you'd like to register, you can do so HERE.

The Brewer's Barrel is a new website that lists home brewing recipes, but then also links to the ability to buy the supplies needed for each recipe from the site if you want to.  The brewing supplies come from Brew Camp, a Chicago based homebrewing supply store that ships nationwide. 

According to the site:  "Using this free website, amateur and professional beer brewers can find and share brewing recipes, vote for their favorites, keep track of the recipes they use, and seamlessly order brewing ingredients. Most important, The Brewer's Barrel is an online community. Brewers can make detailed notes on recipes, tweaking them to suit their needs, and then share those tweaks with other brewers - making brewing accessible for every level of brewer."

No comments:

Post a Comment