Saturday, May 11, 2013

Flat 12 Bierwerks Hello My Name Is Amber

This 5.8% ABV American amber ale is from the Flat 12 Bierwerks of Indianapolis, Indiana. "Locally created in our neighborhood, locally consumed in yours." The beer pours dark amber colored, hazy. It is wildly carbonated and massively foams up with off-white to light brown foam. This is making me afraid I got a bad bottle that refermented itself. The aroma is tart and tangy, some caramel malt, another bad sign. The taste is alright, toasted and roasted malt, caramel malt, with a quite bitter and dry finish, and yeasty throughout. It is more carbonated than champagne. I'll call this an unofficial review, as I believe I got a somewhat off bottle. It was drinkable, but I think some accidental secondary refermentation must have taken place.



No comments:

Post a Comment