Saturday, June 27, 2015

Toppling Goliath Watershed Wheat

The Toppling Goliath Brewing Company is in Decorah, Iowa. This wheat beer's label credits crop circles to aliens.

The beer pours a cloudy amber with dull burnt orange tint. There is a tall half-inch of white to off-white head that does not last particularly long. The aroma is red plum jam and browned wheat bread toast. The taste follows the aromas, adding in a bit of estery fruit and a fairly bitter finish. The mouthfeel is somewhat watery, with a moderate carbonation. This is the only TG beer I have ever tried that I would not drink again (I have been lucky enough to try more of their releases than I have missed).  I find them to be the best brewery in Iowa, and one of the best in the country, but this one just doesn't work for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment