Friday, November 28, 2014

Central Waters Octoberfest Lager

This seasonal release is from the Central Waters Brewing Company of Amherst, Wisconsin. The Oktoberfest season is basically in the rear view mirror, but I found this tucked away on the shelf of my local store. I had  missed it before, so I picked it up.

The beer pours a deep, yet clear, copper and amber in color. There is a half-inch of white to off-white foamy head, a bit fizzy. The aroma is tangy, lightly nutty and fruity, a bit of caramel. The taste follows the aromas, hitting all of the same notes. The fruity, nutty and caramel notes of the malt are in good harmony. There is a light bitterness on the finish. The beer drinks easy with a refreshing carbonation. I keep saying this, but this certainly must be my last Oktoberfest beer of the year (unless I find another one I haven't tried).



I thought I hadn't tried this before, I do a pretty good job remembering which beers I have tried considering how many I have tried. But in loading the pic, it turns I have had this before in 2011.


Trying again in 2017: The beer pours a lightly hazed amber and copper. There is a half-inch of light tan head. The aroma is light, just a touch of caramel, fruit and nut. The taste follows the aromas, light, like a fruit and nut caramel, but not too sweet. The finish is mostly dry, lightly bitter. The beer drinks very easy. This is a nice, mild but tasty, take on the Octoberfest style. 


No comments:

Post a Comment