Saturday, May 25, 2013

Blue Moon Proximity

This 8.5% ABV beer is from the Blue Moon Vintage Ale Collection. It is brewed with white wheat, Nelson Sauvin hops and the juice of sauvignon blanc grapes. The beer pours golden in color, and clear. There is a short head of white fizzy foam that disappears quickly. The aroma is of white wine, light toasted wheat, soda crackers. The wine notes have citrus, kiwi, very light passion fruit. The taste is of a rounded and softened white wine, sweet, yet tart, kiwi, honeydew, light lime. Tart, but smooth on the finish. It has the mouthfeel of a semi-sweet sparkling wine. Interesting, but not impressive. Dare I say it is like a high quality, and actually good, wine cooler? I got this one because I was more sure of it then the one with red wine grapes, but this gives me the confidence to try the red one, my guess is that it would be drinkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment