Friday, March 16, 2012

Newcastle Founder's Ale

This is one of four "limited editions: that Newcastle will be offering, in an apparent seasonal rotation.  Their availability had been limited, but is supposed to be more national this year.  I really enjoy Newcastle Brown Ale, and was able to try their Summer Ale last year.  Newcastle originates from Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom.  However, through consolidation, it appears to not actually be brewed there anymore.

www.newcastlebrown.com

This pale ale pours a dark copper-orange in color with a minimal white head.  The aroma is somewhat malty, with malted grain and very light caramel, and somewhat hoppy, with a floral, grassy, herbal aroma, with some notes of jasmine tea.  The taste follows the aroma, and it drinks both sweet and dry at the same time.  Overall, I feel like this beer can't decide what it wants to be, but it does grow on me some as I continue through the glass.  I really like their Brown Ale and really liked their Summer Ale, but I'm not sure about this one.  The jury is still out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment