Sunday, November 9, 2014

Schell's Brain Belt

This is brewed by the August Schell Brewing Company of New Ulm, Minnesota, brewers of Grain Belt. It is brewed for the annual Zombie Pub Crawl in Minneapolis. 

The beer pours a clear golden yellow in color. There is a tall head of white foam. The aroma is bready, fruity, apples with a tart note. The taste follows the aromas quite directly. It drinks with a stinging and refreshing carbonation. There are few hops in this baby. It is a plain American adjunct lager. Like all cheap beers, it is better straight from the can. I would guess this is just Grain Belt with a special can for the Zombie Pub Crawl.  But, when I first tasted it, it did not taste like Grain Belt to me, which has a distinctive taste.  Depending on what else you have had to eat or drink, a beer can taste different on different days.  When I tried this again, it tasted just like Grain Belt.  So, I wavered between tweaked recipe and regular Grain Belt recanned, and I would pick the latter.



No comments:

Post a Comment