Saturday, December 7, 2013

Middle Ages Im Paled Ale

This isn't just an IPA, it is an Im Paled Ale that will run you through like you are an extra on Game of Thrones. Okay, I made that part up, I haven't tasted it yet. This beer is from Middle Ages Brewing of Syracuse, New York. They make British inspired beers.

The beer pours amber and copper in color. There is a short, relatively thin head of off-white foam. The aroma is orange and caramel, a bit of the sour note of rotting fruit. The taste is bland, orange and malt. The finish has a moderate bitterness. Wow, this is boring and unsatisfying. I wish it lived up to its name. I'll admit I'm more partial to West Coast type IPA's than British style IPA's, but there are a lot of British style ones that are better than this.




No comments:

Post a Comment