Saturday, May 4, 2013

Back Road Brewery Back Road Ale

The Back Road Brewery is in Laporte, Indiana. It was established in 1996. There is no information about the beer on the bottle or on the website. I guess I'll check it out and see for myself.

The beer pours amber and copper in color. There is a half inch of somewhat thick, somewhat foamy head, that is off-white to very light brown in color. The aroma is mild, tangy, yeasty, malty, light caramel. The taste is toasty and caramel malt, a bit nutty, lightly fruity, a bit of a tang, with a somewhat of a grassy and moderately bitter finish. It is dry on the end. It is medium-bodied and perfectly carbonated. This is a nice easy drinking English-style pale ale, very sessionable. The more I drink it, the more I like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment