Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Quelque Chose

This 8.0% beer comes from Unibroue of Chambly, Quebec Canada.

It is a blend of 50% dark ale and 50% brown ale brewed with cherries.  The beer pours a light red in color with a tinge of brown.  Its color is a bit like a bright, dark rose wine.  When less light is hitting the glass, it appears ruby colored. It is carbonated, but very slightly.  The aroma is massive tart cherry and a slight oakiness.  The taste is not nearly as tart as the aroma would indicate.  It is massive and slightly sweet cherry with just the right tartness to keep it balanced and crisp.  If you like krieks and other cherry beers, you will love this.  One of the top three cherry beers I have had.

Incredibly, the bottle suggests you can age this until the end of 2025.  Now I wish I had gotten two bottles and had one to put up for a decade and see how it was then.  If I run across it again, perhaps I will do just that.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment