Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Southern Star Brewing Company Pine Belt Pale Ale

This pours a reddish copper color.  It is cloudy with some sediment.  The can says it is non-filtered.  It has a fruity malt aroma with just a touch of hops.  The overall effect is very fruity, like tropical fruits with a hint of sour.  The taste is malty, fruitcake and caramel.  This is definitely not a typical American style pale ale that veers toward hop forward.  It is more like an English ale. 

I am not a huge fan of a big yeast taste, so when I tried this again I left the yeast sediment in the can.  It was even more balanced and enjoyable to me that way, but some people like a real yeasty beer.

The beer is brewed in Conroe, Texas.  I picked it up at Pete's Liquor Bucket in Merrillville, Indiana.

http://www.southernstarbrewing.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment