Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Thunderhead Brewing Company - Cornstalker Dark Wheat; Golden Frau Honey Wheat

The Thunderhead Brewing Company is in Kearney, Nebraska.

Cornstalker Dark Wheat - Wasn't sure what to expect from this.  It pours coffee black, like Guinness.  It has a half inch creamy foam head.  It has a really nice dark roasted malt flavor, coffee and dark chocolate.  Not at all sweet, not yeasty at all.  This tastes like a respectable porter or stout.  5.2% ABV.  I really like this beer, it is not at all what I expected, but I would drink it any time I wanted a full flavored but very drinkable dark beer.  From the can:  "Never Filtered - Never Pasteurized"

Golden Frau Honey Wheat - it has been awhile since I have had this but I remember it as refreshing and very drinkable, more lager than yeasty wheat.  People who love wheat beers would probably find it plain, but it lacked what I don't  like in wheat beers, so I liked it.

http://www.thunderheadbrewing.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment