Sunday, August 8, 2010

Remember "Jiminy" Gluek?

Gluek Golden Pilsner – “From the Land of Ten Thousand Lakes” I had previously tried Gluek Light. It was thin, metallic, a bit sour and typical of some of the Cold Spring beers. So I was I bit leery of this. But it is not objectionable. I am not saying it is praiseworthy, but it is non-objectionable. It is a very pale golden color. Quickly dissolving head. Nice carbonation and mouthfeel. A crisp and refreshing regional American lager in the macro style. The light was hard to get down. I could drink these all night. I am not saying I would seek it out above other beers of the type, but I would not avoid it, and I can’t say the same about the Light. But avoiding that is a moot point as Gluek is now almost a dinosaur, a.k.a. extinct.

Gluek Ice – very similar to the Golden Pilsner but more flavorful, can tell in the taste that it has higher alcohol, which translates to a slightly sweeter and maltier taste with a hint of banana bread. It is not too sweet however. Not that bad for a cheap ice beer. $11.99 for a case in Owatonna, MN.


No comments:

Post a Comment