Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ska Brewing Company ESB Special Ale

The Ska Brewing Company is in Durango, Colorado.  Lip Up Fatty!

esb special ale - reddish and light copper in color.  I'm having trouble putting my finger on this beer.  It is definitely correctly described as an extra special bitter in the English style.  It is not overwhelmingly malty, but malt predominates.  Its flavors are subtle.  It finishes bitter but outwardly hoppy flavor-wise.  There is a bit of a sour tinge there, but I mean that in a good way.  When I was in the United Kingdom, I always tasted just a hint of vinegar in my favorite ales. 

Ska does a good job overall, I would never avoid any of their beers.  Gotta love the hipster skeletons on the labels and beers with names like Steel Toe Stout.  I have not tried it yet but they also have Buster Nut Brown Ale.  Classic.

http://www.skabrewing.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment